Site Reliability Engineers
In addition to many traditional SysAdmin tasks, SREs spend significant time on development tasks such as new features, scaling, or automation.
SREs interact extensively with cloud APIs, whether on-prem or public cloud.
- Upgrading and migrating software
- Observability and monitoring
- Support for Open Source
- Changing Threat Landscape
- Change in Software Tools and Services
- Developers and Engineering Teams in IT
- Operations teams
- Project & Product Managers
- Line Of Business Managers
- Security Staff
Open Source Engagement
The SRE is very likely to use lots of open source software in their day-to-day work.
They may contribute to open source projects, share expertise and be part of the wider SRE and DevOps communities.
Calls To Action