Be a trusted venue for our members and community in their open source journey and enable them to achieve the highest state of open source maturity.
- Providing a logical progression of events and activities facilitating FINOS’s members to efficiently achieve Readiness.
- To help our Members and Community attract the best talent by providing an environment where developers can work on open source projects in a safe and compliant manner where risk is controlled by adequate policies, processes, and tools.
- Enable contribution to open source projects with legal and commercial consideration.
Please check out the FINOS Calendar for details of the OSR Meetings. We currently run two each month. Everyone is welcome, FINOS members and non-members alike.
There are several people fulfilling leadership roles within OSR, listed below. Their responsibilities are to:
- Shape and guide OSR strategy and goals
- Attend monthly meetings to plan and schedule speakers and topics, shape and guide the meeting format
- Attend monthly workgroup meetings to work on the actual documents together with the OSR participants
- Participate in monthly planning meetings
- Jointly lead and organize discussions online and in meetings
- Contribute to the production of draft documents/deliverables of the SIG
- Review and manage issues and pull requests on the SIG GitHub
- Cultivate and grow OSR community, including being active on the mailing list, Slack channels, and other communication media
OSR SIG Chairs
The Open Source Readiness Special Interest Group (OSR SIG) co-chairs are:
Cara Delia - Red Hat
Brittany Istenes - Fannie Mae
Elspeth Minty - RBC
Peter Smulovics - Morgan Stanley
In 2023, FINOS aims to productize Open Source Readiness with new trainings and certification. The following are the FINOS board executive sponsors of this strategy: